Jan Whitmore is an accredited facilitator of Sharpening Your People Skills (SYPS), often known as DISC. It is a tool that aids effectiveness and relational understanding in the workplace. Vitally, it helps leaders understand followers to champion their strengths and it help followers understand the character and leadership style of leaders.
What are the strengths and weaknesses of your personnel? What motivates them? What demotivates them? How are they likely to handle pressure? What is their most effective work environment? The answers to these questions help personnel find their unique place and value in a team, promoting effectiveness and harmony. For more than 30 years, DISC has helped people improve performance, deal more effectively with conflict, and value differences. DISC recognises that the first step toward change is understanding why we act the way we do.
DISC can be used in a variety of contexts to help deliver insights and benefits. The tool is frequently used to help individuals and groups. Jan Whitmore has 22 years of DISC experience, helping Christian missionaries and Christian mission teams maintain unity and fruifulness.
In a DISC seminar participants will:
- Understand their preferences, strengths, and growth areas
- Appreciate personal diversity
- Develop a common language to discuss personal styles
- Create a dialogue about personal preferences, frustrations, and differences
- Relate to those around them
Who would benefit from doing a SYPS seminar?
- Church leadership teams - PCC, Elders, Deacons, Home group leaders etc
- Leadership preparation
- Marriage refreshment
- Marriage preparation
- Preparation for missionary service
- Onfield mission teams.
By completing a simple online personal profile people can gain insight into their strengths and weaknesses, the characteristics of their preferred working environment, and strategies for greater effectiveness.
- An online address and unique DISC code is issued. The client completes the personal profile online and it is returned by email for analysis.
- Once analysed a DISC report is issued, based entirely on the answers the client gave on their online personal profile.
- For a team: Each person completes a personal profile and all completed profiles are returned. A personal and team report is issued which forms the basis of a healthy group discussion.
SPECIAL PRICE FOR MISSION PERSONNEL: £60/ $90 per person
PRICE FOR OTHER GROUPS: £100/ $140 per person
Email your enquiry to Jan Whitmore. Email: [email protected]